For Students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
Required By: Atlantic Provinces Special Education Authority
Location: Annapolis Valley Regional School Board (Coldbrook, NS)
Under the direction of the APSEA Provincial Supervisor, the itinerant teacher provides both direct instruction and consultation for students who are deaf or hard of hearing (birth to high school graduation) and works collaboratively with the school based or early childhood teams. This position requires both daily travel and the ability to work in a variety of settings.
- Masters degree or equivalent in Education of Students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- CAEDHH Teacher Certification
- Must hold Nova Scotia Teacher Certification
- Experience with assessment, program planning and delivery of instruction for students who are deaf or hard of hearing, including those with additional challenges
- Competence in listening and spoken language development
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development, including birth to 5 years
- Experience teaching in a variety of settings
- Ability to work in a collaborative, positive manner with APSEA staff, administrators, parents and public school/school board staff
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational/time management skills
- Minimum signing of Intermediate Plus level
- Demonstrated self-initiative and ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to produce and maintain records and student files
- Valid driver’s licence and regular travel with personal vehicle
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to APSEA or employment will be terminated.
Term: Term position – September 1, 2017 to March 30, 2018 (Maternity Leave)
Salary: In accordance with the APSEA/NSTU Agreement.
Please quote Competition Number 2017-10 and submit letter of application, current resume and the names of three work references to:
Atlantic Provinces Special Education Authority
5940 South Street, Halifax, NS B3H 1S6
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
This posting will be open until filled.