Required By: Atlantic Provinces Special Education Authority
Location: APSEA Centre, Halifax, NS
The Supervisor of Production and Library Services is accountable for the management of quality services within the Department of Alternate Format Production and Library Services. The incumbent oversees departmental operations and is responsible for maintaining a strong, cohesive and collaborative team. The Supervisor provides leadership and support to employees within the department and contributes in a leadership role within the organization. The position reports to the Director of Programs for Students who are Blind or Visually Impaired.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of Library Technician Diploma or Library Science Degree.
- Five or more years of relevant work experience.
- Unified English Braille Transcriber Certificate and at least three years of experience in transcription.
- In-depth knowledge of library operations. Knowledge of MARC cataloguing, Library of Congress Authorities and Subject Headings and the Dewey Decimal Classification System.
- In-depth knowledge of braille transcription/translation software and scanner technology. Knowledge of the conversion of visual graphics into tactile representations. Knowledge of standards and procedures for the production of educational materials in e-text.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, prioritize, delegate and exercise sound judgement.
- Demonstrated ability to manage human resources, including coaching and developing staff to meet their full potential and fostering strong interpersonal relationships.
- Ability and aptitude for learning new skills and technology.
- Ability to manage fiscal resources within budget.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills, with the ability to see issues from a broad perspective.
- Ability to apply knowledge, experience and commitment in the areas of race relations, cross-cultural understanding, human rights and diversity.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to APSEA or employment will be terminated.
Term: Permanent full-time position.
Please quote Competition Number 2019-04 and submit letter of application, current resume and the names of three work references by Tuesday, March 26, 2019 to:
Director of Finance and Administration
Atlantic Provinces Special Education Authority
5940 South Street, Halifax, NS B3H 1S6
E-mail: Director of Finance and Administration
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.