Required By: Atlantic Provinces Special Education Authority
Location: Nova Scotia and New Brunswick
The Educational Interpreter (EI) Supervisor provides coaching and professional development support to educational interpreters (EI’s),oral interpreters (OI’s), and language acquisition support workers (LASW’s); and provides consultative support to APSEA students, staff and educational team members in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick regarding student self-advocacy, accessibility and consumer use skills. The Supervisor engages in ongoing review of research to inform and support the implementation of best practices. The position reports to the Director of Programs for Students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Graduate of an Interpreter Training Program and/or a degree in a related field (linguistics, education, interpreting)
- Sign Language Proficiency Interview (SLPI) rating of Advanced Plus
Key Competencies And Experience
- Experience in administration and/or leadership positions
- Extensive experience of sign communication in the educational environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with APSEA colleagues, school-team members and other agencies and educational partners
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated self-initiative and ability to work with limited supervision
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to APSEA or employment will be terminated.
Term: Permanent position effective August 1, 2019.
Please quote Competition Number 2019-10 and submit letter of application, current resume and the names of three work references by noon (Atlantic) on Thursday, April 25, 2019 to:
Director of Finance and Administration
Atlantic Provinces Special Education Authority
5940 South Street, Halifax, NS B3H 1S6
E-mail: Director of Finance and Administration
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.