Required By: Atlantic Provinces Special Education Authority
Location: Anglophone South School District (Saint John area, NB)
The itinerant teacher provides both direct instruction and consultation for students who are deaf or hard of hearing (birth to high school graduation) and works collaboratively with the school based or early childhood teams. This position requires both daily travel and the ability to work in a variety of settings. This position reports to the Provincial Supervisor of Programs for Students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing.
- Valid Nova Scotia Teacher Certification (minimum teaching certification ITC)
- Masters degree or equivalent in Education of Students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Ability to communicate effectively in ASL
- CAEDHH Teacher Certification
- Experience with assessment, program planning and delivery of instruction for students who are deaf or hard of hearing, including those with additional challenges
- Competence in listening and spoken language development
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development, including birth to 5 years
- Experience teaching in a variety of settings
- Ability to work in a collaborative, positive manner with APSEA staff, administrators, parents and public school/school board staff
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational/time management skills
- Demonstrated self-initiative and ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to produce and maintain records and student files
- Valid driver’s licence and regular travel with personal vehicle
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to APSEA or the offer of employment will be withdrawn.
Term: Term position effective September 30, 2019 until June 23, 2020.
Salary: In accordance with the APSEA/NSTU Agreement.
Competition remains open until filled. Please quote Competition Number 2019-38 and submit letter of application, current resume and the names of three current work references to:
Director of Finance and Administration
Atlantic Provinces Special Education Authority
5940 South Street, Halifax, NS B3H 1S6
E-mail: Director of Finance and Administration
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.