Required By: Atlantic Provinces Special Education Authority
Location: Moncton, NB
Term: Full time position for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year.
Salary: In accordance with the APSEA/NBU Agreement.
The Educational Interpreter (EI) provides interpreting and support services to a student who is deaf and communicates using sign language.
Qualifications And Experience:
- Graduate of a recognized ASL/English Interpreting Program
- 3+ years’ work experience in an educational environment
- CASLI (AVLIC) Membership would be considered an asset
- University or college studies in Deaf education, child development or special education would be considered an asset
- Ability to obtain a minimum of 3.5 on the first and fourth categories of the Educational Interpreter Performance Assessment (EIPA).
- Knowledge of child and language development
- Knowledgeable of the basic principles of educational practices, the function of support services, and the role of interpreters as part of an educational team
- Superior level of English grammar and vocabulary – written & spoken; strong academic background
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills in working with students and colleagues; experience in working or interacting with deaf and/or hard of hearing persons
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team
Offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials.
APSEA is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. As part of this commitment, APSEA will ensure that applicants are provided reasonable accommodations, as required. If accommodation is needed to participate in the job application process, please contact Renée Pothier, Coordinator of Human Resources
Competition remains open until filled. Please quote Competition Number 2021-02 and submit a cover letter and current resume to:
Coordinator of Human Resources
Atlantic Provinces Special Education Authority
5940 South Street, Halifax, NS B3H 1S6
E-mail: Coordinator of Human Resources
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.