( View ASL )
Do you and a child in your life enjoy stories? Would you like to learn some ASL?
If so, ASL Family Storytime is for you!
Cozy up in the comfort of your home and join us for children’s ASL storytelling. Each time we meet, our fun and engaging storytellers will whisk children and adults away on a new storybook adventure.
Hosted by APSEA's Deaf Mentors and an ASL Specialist, ASL Family Storytime includes conversation, storytelling, a review of key vocabulary and phrases, and an opportunity to practice and connect with others.
Participants will have opportunities to:
- Meet folks in the Deaf community
- Learn more about ASL – including regional dialects!
- Build your signing skills together in a relaxed, welcoming environment.
We welcome you to come and experience children’s books in ASL while making connections and learning the language. This inclusive series is designed for adult family members and their children but is open to everyone, with no previous ASL skills required. English-ASL interpretation will be provided.
- Families of students who are supported by APSEA
- Anyone with an interest in ASL and storytelling
- Chrissy MacNeil, APSEA Deaf Mentor
- Harry Purney, APSEA Deaf Mentor
- Holly Green, APSEA ASL Specialist