March 23, April 20, May 25 & June 15 2023
12:00pm – 1:00pm
Supporting families with children who have sensory diversity for accessing the world around them can be an unfamiliar and complex experience for many. APSEA Connect and Counselling Services invite you to join a group of school team members supporting children and youth who are blind, partially sighted, Deaf or hard of hearing. APSEA counsellors will share strategies and resources for navigating their educational journey. This first session will introduce topics such as: self-identity, self-disclosure, advocacy, grief and loss, and transition.
Participants will have opportunity to:
- meet APSEA counsellors
- meet and connect with other educators supporting learners who are blind, partially sighted, Deaf or hard of hearing
- share experiences of supporting learners with sensory diversity
- share and provide resources to support professionals working with learners having sensory diversity
- School team members who support learners with sensory diversity
- APSEA staff who provide support for learners
- Janice MacPhail, Counsellor
- Brian Yee, Social Worker
- Lisa Jenkins, Counsellor
Adult Learning Session Registration
Please note that registration for all sessions closes three business days in advance of the start date.