( View ASL )
During weekly sessions, students will identify their likes, dislikes, interests, and hobbies through projects and group discussions. As a group, we will discuss different adaptations from basic to high tech and learn how to talk about what we need in the classroom, at home, and in the community. Together we will also explore different strategies to make friends and work with new people. Each student will explore their unique needs and learn how to be a great advocate. Thematic units will support acquisition of Self-Determination skills.
- Social Interaction
In this workshop, students will have the opportunity to:
- State basic likes and dislikes.
- Express their opinion when responding to peers or instructor.
- Describe basic strategies used to access materials in the classroom, home, and within the community.
- Practice use of “I statements” and positive self-talk.
- Demonstrate use of a polite refusal.