( View ASL )
As students face new situations, their need for additional strategies increases. Recognizing what accommodations are available, and when each is most appropriate, is a skill that empowers students.
Grade 7 - 9 students in this twelve-week foundation program will have the opportunity to:
- Examine accommodations and access needs as a person who is Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Practice sharing about their hearing levels
- Explore challenges they experience and generate possible solutions
- Investigate the meaning of self-advocacy in a variety of contexts
- Explore communication breakdown and associated repair strategies