Here's a short, active game you can play between school lessons, a great way to sneak in a work-out and have some fun!
Supplies you will need
- Large print or braille copy of the exercises:
- 1- jumping jacks
- 2- push-ups
- 3- arm circles
- 4- squat jumps
- 5- crunches
- 6- burpees
- Two dice
- Taking into account your visual needs you can use two dice, braille dice, talking dice, or large dice that you purchase from the dollar store.
- You can also use the Talking Dice Roller app on your iPhone to complete the activity.
- If you do not have dice at home, you can make your own dice, by printing a paper template, using a wooden block with dots or braille labels added (see image below) for examples of materials.
- You have two dice. Roll one of the dice. Match the number you rolled with the exercise.
- e.g. The dice indicates 6, 6= burpees
- Roll your second dice and add the numbers up from the two dice and that will tell you how many times you must complete that exercise.
- e.g. The dice indicates 5, 6+5=11 11 burpees
- If you roll doubles your parents or a sibling have to do the activity with you.
- Set a timer for 5 minutes to play the exercise game.