( View ASL )
Welcome to APSEA Connect, our online resource for families, school teams, APSEA staff, and community partners. We commit to offering robust programs and resources that are culturally and linguistically responsive, inclusive, equitable, and accessible.
We invite you to join us for programs that introduce you to professionals and community agencies, highlight the supports available to your child or student, build connections with families, and develop students’ transference of skills from APSEA Virtual Learning Series programs to their real life, day to day worlds. Upcoming programs can be found in the two groups listed and described below:
Upcoming Adult Learning Programs
Adult Learning Programs are designed for adult family members, school teams, community partners, and APSEA staff. Participants under the age of 19 years must register with and be accompanied by an adult family member, caregiver or teacher over the age of 19 years.
- CNIB Foundation’s Come to Work Program – Opening Doors to Talent with Sight Loss
May 12, 2022 - online
- Benefits & Credits for Persons with Disabilities
May 24, 2022 - online
- Canada Student Grant for Services & Equipment for Students with Permanent Disabilities (CSG-PDSE)
May 25, 2022 - online
- Family Focused Sign Language
May 27-29, 2022 - online
- Introduction to Canada Video Relay Service (Canada VRS)
June 7, 2022 - online
- Finding a Language and Hearing Pathway
Jun. 14 & 21, 2022 - online
Upcoming Family Connect Programs
Family Connect programs are designed specifically for the families of students who are supported by APSEA.
- ASL (American Sign Language) Family Storytime
Cozy up in the comfort of your home and join us for children’s ASL storytelling. Each time we meet, our fun and engaging storytellers will whisk children and adults away on a new storybook adventure.
June 1, 15 & 29 - online
- Making Connections: A Program for Parents and Adult Family Members
Transition is a life-long process involving change at important milestones throughout your child’s life! Please join us for this opportunity to come together and learn from each other. We will explore life’s milestones along with skills and supports that empower children and families as they navigate these transitions, including their sensory diversity.
Jun. 8, 2022 - online