Policy Type: Governance Process
Policy Title: Board Job Description
Date Adopted: June 13, 2019
Date Reviewed: December 10, 2019
Specific job outputs of the Board, as an informed agent of the ownership, are those that ensure appropriate organizational performance.
Accordingly, the Board will provide:
- The linkage between the ownership and the operational organization;
- Written governing policies that realistically address the broadest level of all organizational decisions and situations, including:
- Ends: Organizational impacts, products, effects, benefits, outcomes, recipients, beneficiaries, impacted groups, and their relative worth in cost or priority
- Executive Limitations: Constraints on executive authority which establish the prudence and ethics boundaries within which all executive activity and decisions must take place
- Governance Process: Specification of how the Board conceives, carries out and monitors its own task
- Board-Superintendent Delegation: How power is delegated and its proper use monitored; the description of the Superintendent’s role, authority and accountability
- Assurance of successful organizational performance (Assurance of Superintendent performance) on Ends and Executive Limitations.
GP 2a - Governing Style | GP 2c - Board Members’ Code of Conduct