Policy Type: Executive Limitations
Policy Title: Treatment of Staff
Date Adopted: June 13, 2019
Date Reviewed: December 10, 2019
Date Amended: December 10, 2019
With respect to treatment of paid and volunteer staff, the Superintendent shall not cause or allow conditions, which are unfair or undignified.
The Superintendent will not:
- Operate without written personnel procedures that:
- Ensure a culture that is safe and socially-just with a focus on equity, diversity and inclusion;
- Clarify rules for staff;
- Provide a mechanism for complaint resolution; and
- Protect against offensive behaviour.
- Allow staff to be unaware of the Superintendent’s interpretations of their protections under this policy;
- Allow staff to be unprepared to deal with emergency situations; or
- Allow staff to be unprepared to carry out their duties.
EL 2 - Treatment of Clients | EL 4 - Compensation and Benefits