Policy Type: Executive Limitations
Policy Title: Treatment of Clients
Date Adopted: June 13, 2019
Date Reviewed: December 10, 2019
Date Amended: December 10, 2019
With respect to interactions with clients or those applying to be clients, the Superintendent shall not cause or allow conditions, procedures, or decisions which are unsafe, untimely, undignified, discriminatory and/or unnecessarily intrusive.
The Superintendent will not:
- Elicit information for which there is no clear necessity;
- Use methods of collecting, reviewing, transmitting, or storing client information that fail to protect against improper access to the material;
- Operate programs, services and facilities without appropriate accessibility and privacy;
- Operate programs, services and facilities without ensuring the client has a clear understanding of what may be expected and what may not be expected from the service offered;
- Operate without informing clients of this policy; or
- Operate without providing a way to be heard for clients who believe that they have not been accorded a reasonable interpretation of their rights under this policy.