Are you looking for a job? Do you need help getting ready for an interview?
Job interviews can be scary, but they don’t have to be! Many employers ask similar questions to get to know the candidate best. Try a mock interview with your parents/guardians, siblings, or friends over FaceTime, Skype or in-person if possible. Practicing answers ahead of time can help you feel more prepared and confident!
Here are some common job interview questions for you to practice:
- Tell me about yourself
- What are your short-term goals? What about in two and five years? How are you preparing to achieve them?
- Why do you feel you will be successful in this work?
- What supervisory or leadership roles have you had?
- For you, what are some advantages and disadvantages of working in a team environment?
- What have been your most satisfying/disappointing experiences?
- What motivates you to do a good job?
- What are your strengths/weaknesses?
- What kinds of problems do you handle best?
- Why did you apply to our organization and what do you know about us?
- What characteristics do you think a person needs to work effectively in our company/department?
- How will you be successful in the job, given your lack of experience in ______ (a skill area such as sales, fundraising, bookkeeping)?
- Why should I hire you?