Policy Type: Executive Limitations
Policy Title: Financial Condition and Activities
Date Adopted: June 13, 2019
Date Reviewed: December 10, 2019
Date Amended: December 10, 2019
With respect to the actual, ongoing financial condition and activities, the Superintendent may not cause or allow the development of fiscal jeopardy or a material deviation of actual expenditures from Board priorities established in Ends policies.
The Superintendent will not:
- Expend more funds than have been budgeted without satisfactory reasons;
- Encumber any long-term reserves, unless permission is provided by the province(s) or Board as appropriate;
- Allow payables or receivables not to be settled within a reasonable time frame;
- Allow tax payments or other government-ordered payments or filings to be overdue or inaccurately filed;
- Acquire, encumber or dispose of real estate; or
- Reimburse their own expenses without the signature of a Board-approved signatory who has been provided with appropriate documentation and receipts.
EL 4 - Compensation and Benefits | EL 6 - Financial Planning and Budgeting