The fall has passed so quickly! There has been a lot happening since our last newsletter and I would like to take a moment to share some of these highlights with you.
APSEA’s Annual Report and the 2017-2020 Strategic Plan are available on the APSEA website.
We continue our work in the main focus areas for the strategic plan: creating safe and inclusive culture, enhancing service delivery, and communication. Thank you to the Board members, staff and volunteers who contribute their time and energy to assist with this important work.
Seen and Heard highlights news, events and accomplishments involving students, staff and volunteers. We welcome student submissions, submissions for staff recognition and other items that could be included in the spring edition of the newsletter.
Wishing you a very happy holiday! I look forward to our continued work together in supporting children, youth and families in 2018.
The APSEA Board of Directors elected a new Executive at its annual meeting in June:
Chair – Bob Gardiner, Deputy Minister, Newfoundland and Labrador
- Vice-Chair &mbash; Susan Willis, Deputy Minister, Prince Edward Island
- Secretary — John McLaughlin, Deputy Minister, New Brunswick
- Treasurer — Sandra McKenzie, Deputy Minister, Nova Scotia
- Program Advisory Committee Chair — Bernie Ottenheimer, Manager of Student Support Services, Newfoundland and Labrador
- Financial Advisory Committee Chair — Don Stapleton, Director of Finance, Newfoundland and Labrador
Two new Board members were also nominated recently;
- Brad Clarke, Newfoundland and Labrador — August 2017
- Elizabeth Churchill, Newfoundland and Labrador — November 2017
In this issue...
- The Sound of Silence
- Learning About Visual Impairment
- The Impact of Scholarship Support
- Student Kindness at Port Elgin Regional School
- Employee Recognition — Reg Dunphy
- Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee Update
- APSEA Auxiliary — Did you know?
- APSEA’s In - House Training on Guiding Techniques